Most sports athletes are exposed to a number of lower extremity, upper extremity and overuse injuries. These injuries can greatly impact the bodies full recovery process especially between training sessions and competition.
The NormaTec Recovery System uses a unique massage pattern to speed the body’s normal recovery process. Designed by Dr Laura Jacobs in 2002, NormaTec is now the treatment of choice for athlete trainers, sports professionals and Olympic athletes.
Unique Massage Pattern
Sequential Pulse Technology is based on normal physiology and it sequentially combines three distinctive massage techniques to speed the body’s normal recovery process. Ideal for sports athletes in the lead up to finals, when the body is under intense training and competition.
- Pulsing: Instead of traditional ‘squeezing ‘, to transport fluid out of the limbs. The NormaTec Recovery System pulsing action more effectively mimics the muscle pump of the legs and arms, greatly enhancing the movement of fluid and metabolites out of the limbs after an intense workout.
- Gradients: Veins and lymphatic vessels have one-way valves that prevent back flow of fluid. Sequential Pulse Technology utilises gradient hold pressures to keep your body’s fluids from being forced down toward your feet by the pulsing action in proximal zones.
- Distal release: Because extended static pressure can be determined to the body’s normal circulatory flow, Sequential Pulse technology releases the hold pressures once they are no longer needed to prevent backflow. By releasing the hold pressure in each zone as soon as possible, each portion of the limb gains maximal rest time without a significant pause between compression cycles.
Through these mechanisms the NormaTec Recovery System gently but effectively moves fluid from swollen tissues, dramatically and rapidly reducing swelling and induration.
The NormaTec Recovery System, as opposed to ice therapy, does not reduce blood flow and impair healing. Its dynamic waveform of compression is extremely effective at reducing edema and inflammation by injury or disease.
What does Shockwave Therapy treat?
- Recover faster from muscle fatigue.
- Reduce swelling, stiffness or muscle soreness.
- Improve ability to maintain performance levels after repeated bouts of exercise, training and competition, whilst helping you prevent injury.
Use both before and after exercise
- Before exercise acts as a high tech massage to warm up your muscles.
- After exercise will greatly speed up the recovery process allowing sports athletes to train harder and perform better using moderate to high intensity.
The arm sleeves will help with a whole variety of ailments and can also be used post-op for rehab in the wrist, arms and shoulders.
The Hip Appliance is designed to target the gluteal region, hip flexors, abductors, adductors, and some lower back/obliques as well as upper hamstrings.
The Leg Appliance is designed to target foot, ankle, quads and lower hamstrings and can be used in a variety of ailments from ankle sprains, ligament injuries in knees (such as ACL ruptures, collateral ligament strain/tears, cartilage damage in helping reduce the swelling and edema after these types of injuries). Also post surgery to help in the reduction of swelling and increase of circulation.